Sunday 12 February 2012

So many colours...so little time.

So, now that I had chosen to join the Crochet-Along, I had to face the daunting task of colour choice.  ~Sigh~

But you know what?  It was easy.  For one thing, the Simplicity line of Waverly for Bernat was made for me.  Watery blues, greens, neutrals and whites?  Love love love.  My front room is made up of these colours and since that's where this (hopefully) lovely creation will reside,  it was done.  Simple.


Pretty!


After searching to source the yarn locally, I found that not all colours were available.  In the end, I have ordered them directly from the website.  I've left it a little late, but got a update that they were shipped out yesterday.  Of course anyone who awaits shipments from the States to Canada knows that isn't a guarantee of anything.  Post here can take it's time.  But I'm hoping that it'll arrive in time to complete the first clue.  If not, I guess I'll just have to catch up.

Choice of course isn't limited to just this yarn.  Some people have come up with some really beautiful combos outside of the Waverly line.  I just decided that I was going to be challenged enough, without worrying whether or not my choices were going to work with the ultimate design.

In the mean time, I've been practising on a couple of other projects. Here are a couple of things I've been working on :




The Scoodie



The pattern comes from Olivia over at Doodlebumpkin!  I love this scoodie-modelled here by the lovely Cosette.  A friend made one for her daughter and recommended that I try it as it works up fast and only consists of  two stitches!  A couple of times (ok more than a couple) I discovered I had missed a stitch and had to unravel.  I still have some tension issues to work out, but for a first time, I'm pretty happy with it.  I love how long and cushy it is!  I used Bernat's Roving in Low Tide.

Cosette's 'film noir' moment







(Yes my mannequin's name is Cosette, although she's had a few aliases.  I also have a black 1950's dial phone that could crush a Buick named Lucy and a Cello called Dagmar)




 This was my first felting project.  Actually my first ever crochet project - a simple little bag with handles to hold my yarn and hooks and whatnot's. I love felting!  I love the feel of it and the way the colours just melt into each other.  This was the first project featured in the Chicks with Sticks Learn to Crochet book.  






I've since been making a really cute felt crochet hook case from the same book, of which I'll post pics when it's done.  If any newbies out there are working on projects, feel free to share them in the comment section below.


Well 3 more days until the Crochet-Along starts!!  I haven't actually received my yarn yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll arrive just in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment