Wednesday 15 February 2012

One horse left at the gate....

Hooray!  Today marks the beginning of the Bernat Mystery Afghan Crochet-Along and they're off!!  Except for yours truly.  Unfortunately my yarn has not yet arrived.  Huh...how anti-climactic.  But that's ok, for I will not be left in the dust! 

It just so happened that during one of my trips to the store to look for my chosen colours of yarn, a few extra balls in another colour scheme happened to make their way into my shopping bag.  Osmosis, I suspect.  So I have decided that I will use this time to practise the clue.  It's the same yarn, so by the time mine arrives I should be able to have worked all the kinks out, and get caught up to all the other participants. 

**SPOILER ALERT** The following link includes a 2nd page that shows the design of the motif.  Just check out pg 1 for the clue only!!

Clue one has us working in the round.  Hmmm...just like those dreaded granny squares.  Grannies have proved to be my nemesis thus far.  And gack!  we need to make 12 of them.

Well I better get practising.   I'll update when I finally get my yarn.  I'll be including photos of my progress, but I'll be sure to mention any spoilers at the top of the page-I don't want to spoil the 'mystery' in the Mystery Afghan!!. 

**Gadzooks**  Apparently, I'm already in the dust!  I was just checking and some people on the forum (Bernat's forum where people can discuss the Crochet-Along) have already finished this week's clue.  Whaaat???  Wow, kudos to those crocheting wizards!   Well this newbie will most likely need the whole week to finish in time for next Wednesday's clue!

No comments:

Post a Comment