Wednesday 22 February 2012

At Last!! The Yarn is Here! ...and less than 24 hours until the next clue! **Spoiler - Photo of clue #1 ahead**


I was excited to arrive home yesterday to find that my yarn had arrived!!  Less than 24 hours before the next clue is due to be released, so I figured I best get cracking!!


 

So far it seems to be going well.  I was a little concerned with the fact that they seem to be a little looser looking than some of the other participants squares, compared with pictures they have posted.  But, I've printed off the blocking template, measured up and voila! the right size.  Very happy.   It's been soooo hard not to take a  peek at the Bernat site to see what the next clue is, but I promised myself I wouldn't until the first clue was completed.

Oops! One appears to be a little camera shy.  

Fini!  Phew...I wonder if it's possible to contract 'crocheter's elbow'?  Well, now that all 12 are complete, I can head on over to the site and check out the new clue.

I guess it's not all together true to say "fini" as I have not yet blocked them.  Blocking, I've learnt, is a process in which you apply a dampened towel or steam to the pieces after pinning them to the correct size template.  This ensures that they are of uniform size and lie flat in order to make the process of joining easier later on.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do this just yet...once I do I may do a photo tutorial. 

Be back tomorrow with an update on clue #2...

No comments:

Post a Comment